Two more suspects in Bangalore blast case heldOctober 16th, 2010 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 16 (IANS) Two more suspects in the 2008 serial blasts in Bangalore have been arrested, a senior police official said Saturday.
One of the suspects was identified as Umar Farooq and the other as Ibrahim Moulavi.
“Umar was held in Ajmer in Rajasthan and Ibrahim in Kasargod in Kerala,” Bangalore Police Commissioner Shankar Bidari told reporters. Both were arrested Friday, he said,
The two will be brought to Bangalore for further interrogation and will be produced before a court here, he said.
Bidari said nine more suspects were absconding and “our information is they are staying in various countries”. “We are making efforts to get them,” he said.
One woman was killed and 15 persons were injured when eight low-intensity explosions hit Bangalore on July 25, 2008.
The prime accused is T. Nasir, said to be associated with Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba. He is in jail in Bangalore.
The police have named 32 people in the charge sheet in the blasts case.
- Two Bangalore blast suspects sent to jail - Oct 17, 2010
- Maudany sent to jail till Sep 7 - Aug 26, 2010
- Maudany's wife named in Tamil Nadu bus burning case (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Maudany's jail stay extended till Nov 22 - Nov 08, 2010
- Court rejects Maudany's bail plea - Sep 13, 2010
- Police contradict minister on Maudany's role in Bangalore blasts - Aug 25, 2010
- Activists of Muslim voluntary forum protest Madani's arrest by Karnataka police - Aug 23, 2010
- SC split verdict on Madani's bail plea in Bangalore blast case - May 04, 2011
- Maudany's hand suspected in blasts at Chinnaswamy stadium - Aug 24, 2010
- Lashkar module busted in Poonch - May 20, 2012
- BSF arrests Lashkar terrorists at Meghalaya border - Dec 02, 2009
- Bangalore court hands over two terror operatives to police custody - Dec 05, 2009
- Warrant for Maudany's court appearance June 23 - Jun 15, 2010
- Tortured for Mecca Masjid blast, money can't heal their wounds - Jan 08, 2012
- India's Most Wanted list goof-up: Another man found in Mumbai - May 19, 2011