Two more Indian athletes fail dope testsJuly 4th, 2011 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) Two more Indian athletes, Ashwini Akkunji and Priyanka Pawar, have failed their dope tests.
Ashwini, a gold medallist at last year’s Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games, and Priyanka were part of the 4×400m relay squad for the Asian Championships at Kobe from July 7.
“The tests were conducted by National Anti-Doping Agency on June 27. It was an
out-of-competition test,” an official confirmed to IANS.
“They have tested positive for methandienone,” the official said.
- Asiad, CWG gold winner Ashwini, Priyanka also fail dope test (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Asiad, CWG gold winner Ashwini joins dope-tainted stars (Roundup) - Jul 04, 2011
- Ashwini, Priyanka's B-samples test positive - Jul 11, 2011
- Three athletes fail dope test - Oct 11, 2011
- SAI cracks the whip on coaches at NIS Patiala (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2011
- Three athletes' B samples also test positive - Jul 08, 2011
- I am innocent, says Ashwini Akkunji - Jul 07, 2011
- Eight athletes failing dope test is unusual: athletics coach - Jul 31, 2011
- Five athletes flunk dope tests - Jun 30, 2011
- I've been set-up in doping scandal: Ogorodnik - Jul 08, 2011
- Six women quarter-milers get 12-month ban, but London hopes alive - Dec 23, 2011
- Mandeep blames federation for not providing team doctor - Jul 01, 2011
- Foreign athletics coach sacked, doping scandal to be probed - Jul 05, 2011
- IOA demands judicial inquiry in doping scandal - Jul 01, 2011
- Anti-doping agency collects 91 samples at Bangalore camp - Jul 12, 2011