Two more children drown in pond in RajasthanAugust 19th, 2012 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 19 (IANS) Two boys drowned while swimming in an overflowing pond in Rajasthan’s Rajsamand district Sunday, police said. This takes to eight the number of deaths in similar accidents in a day.
According to police, the latest incident occurred around 3 p.m in a village near Bhim town of the district, some 300 km from Jaipur.
“The pond was filled to the brink due to heavy downpour in the area over the past one week. Two children, Madho Singh, 13, and Devi Singh, 10, had taken their cattle for grazing,” a police officer told IANS.
The officer said that some buffaloes had climbed into the pond. “The boys followed them unaware of the pond’s depth. They were drowned,” said the officer.
Some villagers saw their clothes lying around on the brink and realized that the boy had been drowned.
“They informed the police following which a rescue team was rushed there. It took the rescue team about two hours to fish out the bodies,” the officer added.
Six young boys had drowned in separate incidents in the state’s Bhilwara and Nagaur districts Saturday.
- Two boys drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 18, 2012
- Two young boys drown in a Rajasthan pond - Aug 10, 2012
- 7 child labourers drown in Rajasthan - Apr 10, 2012
- Rajasthan to deploy special police to protect forests - Mar 04, 2011
- Boy falls into pond in Rajasthan, rescue work on - Jul 01, 2012
- Woman drowns three kids, self - Oct 25, 2011
- Five of family die after drinking poisoned tea - Sep 26, 2011
- Two youths commit suicide in Rajasthan - Jul 14, 2012
- Six drown in Orissa after Holi - Mar 20, 2011
- Man beheads daughter in gory Rajasthan honour killing - Jun 17, 2012
- Woman dies after drinking contaminated water - Nov 08, 2011
- Escaped criminal recaptured in Rajasthan - Aug 22, 2012
- Caste council in Rajasthan orders family's boycott, police file case - Aug 04, 2012
- Student sets herself afire after teacher's beating - Oct 14, 2011
- Eloping couple commit suicide in Rajasthan - Aug 11, 2012