Two minor girls drown after car plunges into canalJune 16th, 2009 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 16 (IANS) Two minor girls drowned after the car in which they were travelling with their parents fell into a canal near Ghaziabad Tuesday afternoon, police said.
Police officer Kamal Singh said a family of five, including three children, was travelling in their Maruti car alongside the Masoori canal when their car plunged into the canal after the driver lost control after a tyre burst.
On hearing their cries, people rushed to their help and saved the couple, Mohammed Zakir and Shameem Bano, and their eight-month-old child named Isha.
“The locals braved the deep waters and saved the couple and their infant daughter. But their two daughters, Nisha (6) and Muskan (8), died due to drowning,” the police official said.
Police recovered the two bodies later and handed them over to the bereaving parents.
- Youth, girl found dead in Ghaziabad - May 31, 2011
- Two girls drown in Pune - Mar 24, 2011
- Four Haryana devotees die as car plunges into canal - Sep 06, 2011
- Prime accused in Coimbatore sibling murders shot dead - Nov 09, 2010
- Two students killed, 10 missing as bus falls into canal - Feb 28, 2012
- 2-year-old girl abandoned in Rajasthan's Jhunjhunu - May 26, 2012
- Eunuch held for killing live-in partner - May 14, 2011
- Seven die as car falls in canal - Dec 22, 2010
- Acid attack on Chandigarh woman for alleged affair - Jun 09, 2010
- Three Pakistani sisters drown - Oct 16, 2011
- Rajasthan couple tries to bury new born girl alive - Jul 03, 2012
- Three minors drown in Bhakra canal - Jan 23, 2011
- No action against anyone returning Malaysian-Indian tot Nisha, assure parents - Jun 19, 2010
- Two die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 31, 2012
- Families mourn Iraq blast deaths, government silent - May 29, 2012