Two militants killed in Kashmir (Lead)August 7th, 2011 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 7 (IANS) Two terrorists, including a top Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operative, were gunned down early Sunday in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Acting on prior information, the army and the police carried out a joint operation at a hideout of the terrorists in Darsangla, a forested area of Surankote in Poonch district, 220 km north of here.
One of the slain militants was identified as Divisional Commander of LeT Abu Usman from Pakistan, an official told IANS.
“This has dealt a severe blow to the LeT in Jammu region,” said a senior police officer here.
The police killed two top LeT militants in Kishtwar Friday.
Police claim the LeT has been wiped out of the three hilly districts of Jammu region - Kishtwar, Doda and Ramban.
- LeT wiped out from three Jammu districts: Police - Aug 04, 2011
- LeT militant killed in a shootout - May 21, 2012
- Slain Lashkar 'terrorist' a civilian: Sources - Aug 08, 2011
- Kashmir youth no longer swayed by militancy, says police - Mar 10, 2012
- Kashmir civilian killing: Two security men booked for murder (Third Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Two LeT militants killed in shootout - Feb 26, 2012
- Kashmiri militants receiving money through trade: Police chief - Jan 03, 2011
- Civilian killing: Murder case against two Kashmir security personnel - Aug 08, 2011
- The harsh realities of counter-insurgency operations - May 28, 2011
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu region - May 16, 2012
- LeT terrorist killed in Kashmir, commander escapes - May 25, 2011
- Wanted LeT militant killed in J-K encounter - Mar 28, 2011
- Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2011
- One militant killed in encounter in Kishtwar - Nov 20, 2010
- 'Slain Lashkar terrorist a civilian' (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011