Two men nabbed with counterfeit currency in LucknowApril 27th, 2009 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 27 (IANS) Two men, hailing from Karnataka, were nabbed here Monday with counterfeit currency with the nominal value of Rs.5 lakh, police said.
“Mohammad Javed Pasha and Afzal Khan were arrested in Gomti Nagar locality by sleuths of the special task force (STF) of the Uttar Pradesh police,” Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Brij Lal told reporters.
“Pasha and Khan have confessed that they used to work for a cloth merchant named Jabir, who operates a fake currency racket from Bangalore,” Lal added.
According to the police, Pasha and Khan both belong to Mysore city in Karnataka.
“The duo provided vital information about the fake currency racket. With the assistance of Banglore police, we will initiate a joint inquiry soon in the case,” Lal said.
Pasha and Khan were arrested while they were going to hand over the “consignment” to their client in Lucknow.
- Underworld gang member nabbed - Sep 02, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake notes - Dec 11, 2010
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Fake currency racket busted in Kolkata, four held - Jun 11, 2010
- Five men arrested with fake notes - Sep 13, 2011
- Three held with fake currency worth Rs.1 lakh - Nov 18, 2011
- Five held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 07, 2010
- Two arrested with Rs.11 lakh in fake notes - May 15, 2010
- Three members of counterfeiters gang held - Dec 17, 2010
- Two arrested with Rs.1 lakh fake currency - Aug 24, 2011
- Man held with fake notes - Jan 22, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake currency notes - Oct 12, 2010
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Two arrested with fake currency - Feb 04, 2011