Two men killed by their sons in TripuraFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Feb 2 (IANS) Two men, one as old as 70 years, were killed by their own sons in two incidents of patricide in Tripura following family quarrels, the police said here Monday.A police spokesperson said Saptami Tripura, 70, and Budhirai Debbarma, 41, a teacher, were hacked to death by their sons late Sunday in south and west Tripura districts respectively.
The police have arrested Tripura’s son, while Budhirai’s attacker is absconding.
“Family disputes were reasons for both the crimes,” the police official said.
- Tripura government employee killed in fight over mobile phone - Sep 02, 2009
- 18-year-old gives birth to triplets - Nov 20, 2011
- Youths axe father in Tripura village - Apr 20, 2012
- High court confirms death sentence for militant - Sep 06, 2012
- Policeman killed, several injured in Tripura clashes - Feb 27, 2011
- Woman, child die after spat - Mar 28, 2012
- Bangladesh frees three Indians after seven months - Aug 14, 2012
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012
- Tripura Congress, CPI-M trade charges of wooing militants - Jun 27, 2012
- Lenin replaces Mahatma's name in Tripura textbook: Congress - Apr 25, 2011
- Three Indians crash into Bangladesh territory, held - Dec 27, 2011
- Man kills wife over domestic spat - May 18, 2011
- Newly-wed Tripura man sells dowry items, donates money - Jan 09, 2011
- Sepahipara village in Tripura benefits from peace - Sep 16, 2010
- Trooper, two men arrested with heroin - Dec 30, 2011