Two men commit suicide in DelhiMarch 24th, 2011 - 1:19 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 23 (IANS) In two separate incidents, two people committed suicide by hanging themselves from ceiling fans in east Delhi, police said Wednesday.
In the first case, a 40-year-old man took his life in Kalyanpuri area at around 10.30 a.m.
“Appu was was found hanging from a ceiling fan by one of his family members. He was rushed to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital where doctors declared him brought dead,” said a police officer.
No suicide note was recovered but the police suspect family dispute to be the reason behind the act.
In another incident, a 26-year-old man ended his life in Harsh Vihar area Tuesday night. He was rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
The deceased has been identified as Jai Kishan. He had been unemployed since some time and that might be the reason behind the extreme step, police said.
- Family dispute leads Delhi resident to suicide - Aug 10, 2012
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene - Feb 09, 2012
- Two people kill self in outer Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Delhi official's daughter commits suicide - Nov 24, 2011
- Youth hangs himself in Delhi - Jul 16, 2012
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Two minors killed in road accidents - Mar 11, 2011
- Man commits suicide in Delhi - Sep 09, 2012
- Man crushed under police bus in Delhi - May 11, 2012
- Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Man found dead in mysterious circumstances - Apr 12, 2011
- Man commits suicide over family disputes - Oct 08, 2011
- Boy commits suicide after mother's scolding - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: appu, ceiling fan, ceiling fans, deceased, delhi police, doctors, east delhi, extreme step, family dispute, family members, guru teg, jai, kishan, lal bahadur shastri, New Delhi, old man, police officer, suicide note, tuesday night, two men