Two labourers die after wall collapses in KolkataNovember 25th, 2008 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 25 (IANS) Two labourers died and four others got critically injured when a boundary wall of an under-construction building collapsed in south Kolkata, police said Tuesday.At least eight contractual labourers were clearing a clogged drain Monday late evening when the wall of the three-storeyed building collapsed. The drain was adjacent to the wall at Behala.
“Every one was rescued from the debris within two hours and taken to a local hospital,” police official told reporters.
Laksman Munda, 38, and Khokon Ali, 27, died at the hospital.
Two local promoters, in charge of the under-construction building, are absconding, sources said.
- Two killed in Delhi wall collapse - Jun 27, 2012
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- Himachal building collapse: Owner, builder held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Three killed in Delhi building collapse (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 17, 2011
- Building collapses in Ahmedabad, several trapped - Jan 28, 2011
- Himachal building collapse: Owner booked - Jul 11, 2011
- Two kids killed in roof collapse - Sep 25, 2011
- One dead as Himachal building collapses - Jul 11, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi building collapse - Dec 03, 2011
- Four dead in Beijing house collapse - May 05, 2012
- Rescue operations on at Delhi building collapse site - May 18, 2011
- One killed in college building collapse - Apr 04, 2011
- Building collapse toll rises to seven, three critical - Sep 28, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi building collapse - May 17, 2011
- Two killed in wall collapse - Mar 16, 2011