Two killed, two injured in wall collapsesMay 13th, 2012 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Two people, including a 25-year-old woman, were killed while two injured in two separate wall collapses in the capital, police said Sunday.
Abhishek, 20, a resident of Rishal Garden in north Delhi, and one of his friends were trapped under debris when a wall collapsed around 6 p.m. Saturday.
Both the victim’s were returning home after playing a cricket match when the wall collapsed during a thunderstorm.
“Area residents managed to pull them out of the debris and rushed them to hospital where Abhishek was declared dead. His friend was discharged after first aid,” said a police official.
In another incident, a woman was killed while her husband had a narrow escape when a wall collapsed on them at Rajapur in north Delhi’s Rohini Sector-9 Saturday evening.
Guddi, in her mid-20s, died on the spot while her husband Ram Sahay received minor injuries, police said.
- Mother, children killed in fire - Oct 22, 2011
- Woman sentenced to life for killing husband - May 29, 2011
- Woman attempts suicide after killing her kids - Feb 04, 2011
- Woman dies in wall collapse - Jan 08, 2012
- Two children die in wall collapse - Sep 05, 2012
- Woman drugged, raped by friend - Oct 06, 2011
- Five kids killed as wall collapses - Sep 03, 2011
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Wife, paramour held for killing husband - Mar 30, 2011
- Two arrested, drugs worth over Rs.62 lakh seized - May 07, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi building collapse - Dec 03, 2011
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad - Jul 21, 2012
- Child killed in roof collapse - Mar 31, 2011
- Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre - Oct 24, 2011
- Man murdered for harassing newly-wed woman - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: abhishek, capital police, cricket match, debris, first aid, guddi, mid 20s, minor injuries, narrow escape, New Delhi, north delhi, old woman, police official, returning home, rohini, sahay, saturday evening, sector 9, thunderstorm