Two killed, two injured in Kashmir explosionAugust 25th, 2011 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Aug 25 (IANS) Two people were killed and a similar number injured in an explosion in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday, police said.
“Militants hurled a hand grenade at a paramilitary party making pruchases near the bus stand,” in north Kashmir’s Baramulla town, 57 km from here, a senior police officer told IANS.
A civilian died on the spot while two two paramilitary troopers and a local were injured in the explosion. One of the injured troopers later died in hospital.
The troopers belonged to the Border Security Force.
Panic gripped the town. Shops and other businesses were immediately closed, eyewitnesses said.
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- Two CRPF men injured in Srinagar - Mar 15, 2012
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Five injured in Kashmir blast (Lead) - Oct 26, 2011
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- 1 killed, 15 injured in south Kashmir blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Six injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jun 24, 2011
- Engineer injured in Srinagar blast dies - Mar 01, 2011
- Injured cop dies in Srinagar hospital - May 15, 2010
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- Five wounded in explosion in Srinagar (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- Four injured in Kashmir attack (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010