Two killed, two injured in Delhi road accidentsJune 21st, 2008 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 20 (IANS) Two people were killed and two others suffered injuries in separate accidents here Friday involving a Blueline bus and a tempo. A man died and his colleague suffered injuries after a Blueline bus hit their two-wheeler in Connaught Place in the heart of the capital.
The accident took place around 5 p.m. when the bus, plying on route number 85 between Punjabi Bagh and Anand Vihar, knocked down a scooter near Sapru House on Barakhamba Road, a police officer said.
The victims, identified as Akmal and Manpreet, were rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where Akmal was declared ‘brought dead’. “Manpreet was discharged from the hospital after primary medication,” the official said.
The victims were employed with Timex Engineering Company in Patel Nagar area in west Delhi.
A case has been registered and a hunt is on to nab the bus driver, who fled the scene, the official added.
In the second accident, a 21-year-old man was killed and his friend was injured after their motorcycle was knocked down by a tempo in Moti Nagar area of west Delhi.
“The accident took place around 2 a.m. Amit and his friend Nitin were on their motorcycle and it was hit by a tempo from behind. They were rushed to a nearby hospital where Amit was declared brought dead while Nitin is undergoing treatment,” a police official said.
The tempo driver, Chandra Prakash, has been arrested, he added.
On Thursday, an unidentified man was crushed to death by a vehicle in R.K. Puram in south Delhi. The police Friday said investigations were on.
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Dec 21, 2010
- 3-year-old dies after being hit by Blueline bus - Jan 17, 2011
- Tempo crushes former Delhi varsity employee - Oct 19, 2011
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- Bus mows down woman in east Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
- Minor motorcyclist killed in accident - Nov 15, 2011
- Police hunt for Blueline killer driver - May 09, 2011
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Three youths returning from party killed in Delhi accident (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Speeding bus crushes man, injures 12 (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- 15 killed as tempo-bus collide in Karnataka (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011