Two killed in US university campus shootingOctober 27th, 2008 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Oct 27 (DPA) Two people were killed when gunshots were fired on a university campus in the southern US state of Arkansas, media reports said Monday, citing police.One suspect was arrested and three fled after the shooting Sunday night at the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, police said.
A 19-year-old was also injured. He was treated and released from hospital.
The motive behind the shooting and whether it involved university students were not immediately known.
The campus was locked down, and classes on Monday cancelled.
- Seven die in US college shooting - Apr 03, 2012
- Gunman opens fire at Univeristy of Texas-Austin before shooting himself - Sep 29, 2010
- Three killed in shooting near US varsity (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Gunman kills seven at California religious college - Apr 03, 2012
- Bomb scare prompts US university evacuation - Sep 18, 2012
- 14 shot dead at US theatre screening Batman film (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Gainesville Shooting Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Injured - Oct 05, 2010
- Texas college campus on lockdown after gunfire near McKinney police station - Aug 17, 2010
- Cops surround French shootings' suspect - Mar 21, 2012
- Pentagon briefly locked down after gunshots fired - Oct 19, 2010
- Six dead, 14 injured in Slovak shooting - Aug 30, 2010
- Six people shot during drive-by at Texas Southern University campus - Jul 23, 2009
- Unidentified gunmen attack Iranian bus in eastern Turkey, injuring 8 - Nov 16, 2011
- Man guns down two doctors, kills self - Mar 06, 2012
- Seven dead, 14 injured in Slovak shooting (Lead) - Aug 30, 2010