Two killed in train-truck collision, major accident avertedJuly 30th, 2012 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
Rohtak (Haryana), July 30 (IANS) A major accident involving a train was averted Monday even as a collision between the train and a truck in this Haryana district left two people dead and three others injured, said officials.
Railway officials here said that two wheels of the Kisan Express train went off from the track due to the collision but a major derailment was averted.
Two people died and three were injured in the collision at an unmanned crossing near village Asaunda on Delhi-Rohtak railway track, district officials said.
An official spokesman said that the impact of the accident was so powerful that the truck was left in pieces and two wheels of Kisan Express jumped off the railway track.
The injured were admitted to the nearby general hospital here, 70 km from New Delhi.
He said that those who died in this accident included Ashish, a resident of Rohtak who was travelling in the Kisan Express, and the truck driver who has not been identified till now.
–Indo-Asian News Service
- 20 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 20 injured as Punjab Mail derails - May 06, 2012
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- Delhi bound Rajdhani express derails in Bengal - Jun 16, 2011
- Train engine derailed at Kanpur, none hurt - Aug 18, 2012
- 12 killed in Haryana accident - Aug 02, 2012
- 29 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- Doon Express derailment: Mamata wants high-level probe - May 31, 2012
- 10 injured as Vidarbha Express rams into derailed local train - Jul 20, 2012
- Opposition slams government over 'political vacuum' in rail ministry (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Two train accidents injure 21 - Nov 23, 2011
- Train hits road roller, derails; passengers safe - Feb 27, 2011
Tags: asian news, derailment, district officials, express train, general hospital, haryana, indo, js, kisan, major accident, New Delhi, news service, railway officials, railway track, spokesman said that, truck collision, two wheels, vd, vm