Two killed in road accidentsNovember 20th, 2011 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 20 (IANS) Two people, including a girl, were killed and 13 injured in three accidents in the capital Sunday, police said.
In the first incident, a 14-year-old Class 8 student was killed after she was hit by a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus in north Delhi.
Laxmi Kumari Maurya was standing at a bus stop in Alipur when she was hit by the bus. She was rushed to hospital, where doctors declared her dead.
The driver is absconding, a police officer said.
The second incident too occurred in Alipur, where a 35-year-old man was killed and 10 left injured when the Maruti van they were travelling in rammed into a stationary mini truck.
The deceased has been identified as Devendra Kumar.
The victims were returning to their homes in Yamuna Vihar after attending a wedding function in Panipat, Haryana.
The injured included two girls and a woman, police said.
According to police, the van was being driven at a high speed and the driver could not see the truck due to fog.
The third accident took place in the wee hours of Sunday in south Delhi’s Lodhi Colony.
A 30-year-old housewife, driving a luxury Porsche SUV at high speed, hit a motorcycle, injuring two people at Dayal Singh College traffic intersection.
The injured, identified as Neeraj Singh and his friend Navin Upreti, both in their mid-thirties, worked as contract workers with the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
They were heading towards their workplace in south Delhi, when they were hit by the car.
A senior police officer said the SUV was being driven by Aashima Aggarwal, a resident of Punjabi Bagh in west Delhi.
Aashima and her husband, a businessman, were returning home after attending a party at a five star-hotel in central Delhi.
“Apparently, due to fog, the SUV driver failed to spot the motorcycle and rammed into the bike,” said a senior police officer.
The injured were rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Trauma Centre.
Aggarwal did not flee from the spot and was arrested for rash and negligent driving. She was later released on bail, but her SUV was impounded.
The woman was not drunk, the officer added.
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Minor girl, two others killed in Delhi accidents - Aug 10, 2012
- Car driver killed after collision with truck - Dec 26, 2010
- Five killed in two road accidents - Nov 07, 2011
- Jail van rams into bus stop, one dead - Jul 30, 2011
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Three killed in road accidents - Feb 06, 2012
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
- Women Kabaddi team's bus catches fire, two die - Nov 17, 2011
- Seven killed in two Bengal road accidents - May 28, 2012
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi car crash - Aug 15, 2012
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- Eight students, driver killed in Haryana accident - Jan 02, 2012
- Bus mows down woman in east Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
Tags: aashima, all india institute of medical sciences, central delhi, devendra kumar, india institute, maruti van, mid thirties, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, neeraj singh, north delhi, old housewife, porsche suv, punjabi bagh, road accidents, traffic intersection, trauma centre, wedding function, west delhi, woman police