Two killed in Maharashtra road accidentAugust 13th, 2011 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Aurangabad (Maharashtra), Aug 13 (IANS) Two people, including a pilgrim, were killed Saturday as a mini-truck ran into pilgrims walking towards the famous Lord Vithoba temple at Pandharpur in Maharashtra’s Aurangabad district, police said.
“The accident took place on Mumbai-Nagpur highway in Vaijapur taluka, 80 km from the district headquarters of Aurangabad,” an official from Vaijapur police station told IANS.
“The driver lost control of the vehicle and crushed the ‘warkaris’ (pilgrims who walk in a procession along roads) going to the Pandharpur temple of Lord Vithoba,” he said.
“One pilgrim died on the spot and three others were injured. The driver of the vehicle also died in the accident,” he added.
- 13 Pandharpur pilgrims crushed by a speeding truck - Jul 25, 2011
- Nine die in Maharashtra accident - Jun 19, 2012
- Lakhs worship at Pandharpur Vithoba temple - Jun 30, 2012
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Four killed in Punjab road accident - Sep 17, 2010
- Pilgrim killed in Gurgaon - Jul 17, 2012
- Six of family killed in accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Six pilgrims killed in Maharashtra - Jul 21, 2010
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- 34 killed, 10 injured in road accident in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- Legislator beats up engineers over water issue - Aug 16, 2012