Two killed in Kolkata blastApril 9th, 2012 - 1:31 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 8 (IANS) Two people, including a woman, were killed and several others injured in an explosion that took place in a multi-storey building in the city’s Metiabruz area Sunday.
According to police reports, the blast took place around 9.00 p.m. when at least 15 people, including some women, were working in an embroidery workshop housed in a building.
“The blast took place at a multi storey building. Two people were killed and seven others were injured in the explosion,” said a senior police officer.
The two died on the spot while the rest sustained critical burnt injuries. The impact of the blast was so heavy that a major portion of the building and few others located nearby were badly damaged. The injured have been admitted to SSKM hospital.
Senior police officers including a bomb and dog squad are at the spot. The cause of the explosion is yet to be ascertained.
- Seven killed in twin Syrian blasts - Apr 05, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata building, one killed - Mar 30, 2012
- Five killed in Delhi building collapse - Jan 04, 2012
- 5 killed in Uttar Pradesh cracker blasts - Apr 23, 2012
- One killed, 12 injured in fire - Mar 02, 2011
- Four labourers fall to death - Sep 29, 2011
- 9 killed in Peshawar bomb blast (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- IM operative arrested in Kolkata - Apr 12, 2012
- Six killed in Pakistan fireworks blast (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Five hurt as building collapses in Kolkata - Feb 03, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Three injured as fire extinguisher explodes in eatery - Dec 31, 2011
- One dead as Himachal building collapses - Jul 11, 2011
- Two Americans killed in Peshawar suicide bombing (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012