Two killed in gunfight inside Jharkhand jailMarch 20th, 2009 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Jamshedpur, March 20 (IANS) Two undertrial prisoners were killed when members of two rival groups shot at each other inside a jail here Friday, police said.
The incident took place when a prisoner, Lallu Singh, shot another, Paramjeet Singh, inside the Ghagidih sub-jail of Jamshedpur. The supporters of Paramjeet Singh then shot Lallu Singh.
Lallu Singh died on the spot while Paramjeet Singh was declared dead by doctors at the Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Hospital.
“We are trying to find out how the arms were supplied inside the jail. This is a big security lapse on part of the jail administration. After verifying the facts we will take suitable actions against the jail officials,” a police officer told IANS.
Lallu Singh was known as a henchman of Akhilesh Singh, a man accused in nearly a dozen murder cases. Akhilesh Singh is a son of a police officer in Jharkhand.
- Escaped criminal recaptured in Rajasthan - Aug 22, 2012
- 14 undertrials escape from Rajasthan jail - Dec 09, 2011
- 10 prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Aug 20, 2012
- Six prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Nov 27, 2011
- Two of 14 escaped prisoners nabbed - Dec 09, 2011
- Jail guard shoots inmate, self - Feb 03, 2011
- Jail riot in UP leaves one dead, dozen injured - Mar 11, 2012
- Administrative lapses led to doctor's lynching: Nitish - May 31, 2011
- Action against four Tihar officials for lapses (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Undertrial commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh prison - Sep 20, 2011
- Three sentenced to life for killing shoe baron - Sep 21, 2011
- Jailhouse rock at India's largest prison - Mar 06, 2011
- Action against three Tihar officials for irregularities - Jul 04, 2011
- Six prisoners attempt suicide in Bihar jail - May 14, 2012
- Jailor shot at, escapes unhurt - Jul 27, 2012