Two killed in fire-cracker stockpile blastSeptember 12th, 2012 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 12 (IANS) Two women were killed here Wednesday when a fire-cracker stockpile in their house exploded. Over a dozen people in the house suffered serious burn injuries, Senior Superintendent of Police R.K. Chaturvedi told IANS.
The incident took place at Kankaha village in Mohanlalganj on the outskirts of Lucknow.
The house belongs to a local fire-cracker manufacturer who, along with his five brothers and their families, lived in the house. The explosion was so great that the roof of the house collapsed, burying the family members.
Those trapped under the debris were pulled out in a joint operation by police and villagers.
The deceased have been identified as Rabina, who died on the spot, and Saira Bano, who died in hospital.
Walls in several neighbouring houses cracked under the impact of the explosion. The owner of the house has a state government licence to manufacture fire-crackers.
- Eight die in as fireworks unit explodes - Oct 25, 2011
- 5 killed in Uttar Pradesh cracker blasts - Apr 23, 2012
- 36 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fifth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Pakistani child killed in firecracker blast - Jun 16, 2012
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Major fire in firecracker factory claims three lives in West Bengal - Oct 17, 2010
- Three killed in crackers explosion in Uttar Pradesh - May 05, 2010
- Eight killed in Punjab blast, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Six more killed in cracker shop blast in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 24, 2012
- Three killed in fire cracker unit blast in Punjab - Apr 13, 2012
- Sivakasi blast: NHRC notice to Tamil Nadu - Sep 07, 2012
- Two dead as building collapses in cracker blast - Oct 28, 2010
- Firecrackers blast kills five in Andhra - Aug 10, 2010
- Punjab cracker unit blast leaves four dead (Lead, changing dateline) - Apr 13, 2012
- Six arrested for Sivakasi fire tragedy - Sep 06, 2012