Two killed in Delhi road accidentsAugust 8th, 2012 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7 (IANS) Two people were killed and 26 injured in three road accidents in the national capital, police said Tuesday.
A 24-year-old bike rider was killed after a speeding Delhi Transport Corporation bus hit him around 9.40 p.m. in west Delhi’s Tilak Nagar, police said.
Ashvinee, a resident of Uttam Nagar, died on way to hospital. Bus driver Babulal, 59, was arrested. Ashvinee is survived by his wife and a one-and-half-year-old son.
Motocyclist Lalchand, 54, was killed after an unidentified vehicle hit his bike near Mayur Vihar when he was returning to his home in east Delhi’s Vinod Nagar Monday night, police said.
In another accident, a bus returning from Agra Monday night dashed into a tree in south Delhi’s New Friends Colony, injuring 26 students of an agriculture college in Vellore in Tamil Nadu.
All the injured were rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where three were reported to be critical while the others were discharged after first aid.
Bus driver Rohtas, 50, was arrested.
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- DTC bus kills cyclist (Second Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Three killed in road accidents - Feb 06, 2012
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Two pedestrians killed in east Delhi - Feb 20, 2012
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- Bus mows down woman - Dec 21, 2011
- Speeding truck crushes biker - Oct 18, 2011
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Three judges attacked in Delhi, one injured - May 17, 2012
Tags: agriculture college, aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, bike rider, bus driver, capital police, delhi road, east delhi, friends colony, hospital bus, india institute, old bike, road accidents, south delhi, tamil nadu, tilak nagar, transport corporation, vellore, vinod, west delhi