Two killed in clash over love marriageFebruary 20th, 2008 - 4:08 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, Feb 20 (IANS) A violent clash that took place Tuesday between two families over a love marriage has left two youths dead and ten others, including five women, seriously injured, the police said Wednesday. The two families live in the same neighbourhood. The feud started since Hasan’s daughter Rukhsar married Nawab’s son Faizan against the wishes of both families.
However, Faizan later started living with his in-laws, which his parents and brothers reportedly could not tolerate.
The families first clashed Monday night but it did not escalate since the police reached the spot.
On Tuesday, Nawab’s supporters attacked one of the members of Hasan’s family. Soon, they attacked each other with swords, rods and knives. The incident left one from each side dead and ten others injured. Women too were not spared, the police said.
The police registered cases against both families.
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012
- Water riot in UP village leaves one dead, several injured - Sep 11, 2012
- Minor girl in Uttar Pradesh attacked for resisting rape - Feb 06, 2011
- Arab world turmoil: Libya tense, sectarian clashes in Bahrain (Roundup) - Mar 04, 2011
- Three held for pharmacist's murder - Mar 29, 2011
- On wedding trip, NRI kills wife - Mar 16, 2011
- 14 dead in Pakistan violence (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- At least eight civilians killed, dozens injured in Yemen's Taiz province - Oct 06, 2011
- Ex-CRPF trooper goes berserk, kills seven in Andhra (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Four killed in Andhra group clash in land dispute - Jun 12, 2012
- Farmer, two sons held for killing daughter - Nov 29, 2011
- Ex-CRPF trooper goes berserk, kills seven in Andhra - Dec 01, 2010
- 10 killed in sectarian clashes in Cairo (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Twelve dead in two bomb blasts in northern Iraq - Apr 29, 2011
- Two of a family killed, five injured in Ghaziabad - Sep 08, 2010