Two killed in bus accident in MumbaiFebruary 15th, 2008 - 10:23 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Feb 15 (IANS) Two people were killed and one was injured when a government-run BEST bus lost control and ran over pedestrians. The accident took place about 10.15 a.m. near Marol Naka, Andheri in north Mumbai.
While one of those killed has been identified as Mary Sulakatu John, the police are trying to ascertain the identity of the other.
Eknath Dhumal (45), who was injured, is undergoing treatment at the R.N. Cooper Hospital, Juhu.
According to inspector Anand Jawale of the Sahar police station, the driver of the bus No. MH-01-L-9727 on route No 22, Shivaji Choudhary lost control after an autorickshaw suddenly applied brakes.
“Choudhary swerved the bus to avoid colliding with the autorickshaw. In the process, he rammed onto the road divider where pedestrians were waiting to cross the busy road during the morning rush hour,” Jawale told IANS.
Choudhary (55) has been taken into police custody and further investigations are on.
This is the second incident within 24 hours involving BEST buses. Thursday night, one person was killed at Aarey colony in Goregaon in north western Mumbai.
- Five die as vehicle falls into gorge in J&K; - May 28, 2012
- 28 killed as buses collide - Dec 26, 2010
- Three die as bus overturns in Rajasthan - Jul 08, 2012
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Three killed, five injured as bus ploughs into shelter (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- 16 teens die in Bolivia bus accident - Jun 08, 2012
- Two kids killed by speeding car, driver dies - Feb 17, 2012
- Truck rams 10 vehicles, eight people killed - Jan 29, 2011
- 13 Mumbai college-goers kill friend - Apr 19, 2012
- Mentally ill man hijacks Pune bus, kills 5 - Jan 25, 2012
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- 20 killed in Bolivia accident - Apr 20, 2012
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- Agitators beat up Kolkata traffic sergeant - Jul 04, 2010