Two killed in bomb blast in Uttar PradeshAugust 24th, 2008 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 24 (IANS) Two youths were killed Sunday in a blast when the duo was suspected to be making crude bombs in a hostel in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur district, the police said.According to the police, the incident took place in the Kalyanpur locality at around 2 p.m. Kanpur is about 90 km from here.
“S.S. Mishra used to run a private hostel in his house and the dead include his son Piyush and his friend, Bhupinder Singh,” A.K. Singh, senior superintendent of police, Kanpur, told IANS.
Both were in their early twenties.
The bomb disposal squad reached the spot soon after the blast. It is suspected to be a crude bomb blast, he added.
“Piyush came home with Singh, and asked the residents of the hostel to vacate the room on the pretext of checking the electric wiring,” said A.K. Singh.
As soon as the occupants left the hostel, a massive blast took place.
“Both the victims were alive when we pulled them out from the debris, but were pronounced dead at the hospital,” he added.
According to police sources, the duo were manufacturing crude bombs when the explosion took place.
- Two killed in Kanpur blast, bomb ingredients found - Aug 25, 2008
- Army man killed, six injured in Assam blast (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Six more killed in cracker shop blast in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 24, 2012
- Kanpur blasts case may be transferred to NIA - Apr 01, 2011
- Three crude bombs recovered in Allahabad - Dec 09, 2010
- Cracker powder used in Agra blast - Sep 18, 2011
- Blast kills army man in Assam, ULFA claims hand (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- One injured in Peshawar blast - Feb 24, 2012
- Low-intensity blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Intro Roundup) - May 25, 2011
- Blast in TV kills woman, injures parents - Oct 24, 2011
- Central government protecting Bajrang Dal: Mayawati - Aug 27, 2008
- Punjab cracker unit blast leaves four dead (Lead, changing dateline) - Apr 13, 2012
- One hurt in low-intensity blasts in Pune (Third Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- 15 dead, over 30 hurt in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012