Two killed in army recruitment camp stampedeDecember 1st, 2008 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, Dec 1 (IANS) At least two youth were killed in a stampede during an army recruitment process near this Punjab city Monday, the police said. The stampede took place when the gates of the recruitment camp at Khasa cantonment were opened for hundreds of aspirants who had reported for the recruitment rally.
The youth tried to get in fast, resulting in a stampede, a police officer said.
“Two persons were killed in the stampede at the gate,” Amritsar district police chief Kunwar Vijay Pratap Singh said.
The recruitment camp was being held to select youth for a career in the Indian Army from border areas of Punjab.
- Two men die in army recruitment centre stampede in Punjab (Lead) - Dec 01, 2008
- Kashmiri youth turn out in record numbers to join army - Mar 16, 2012
- Army trains youth for armed forces' career - May 30, 2012
- Thousands throng army's recruitment camp in Kashmir - Feb 21, 2011
- Seven Indian youths fall to death from speeding trains - Feb 01, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Agra stampede - Jul 14, 2012
- Kashmiri youth swarm army recruitment rally - Feb 19, 2011
- Enlistment in army falls in Punjab - Sep 12, 2012
- Seven ITBP aspirants fall to death from speeding trains in UP - Feb 01, 2011
- Sweets and greetings exchanged at Attari border - Aug 15, 2011
- Hundreds line up for Jharkhand police recruitment camp - Mar 03, 2011
- Cases lodged against ITBP, rail rooftop riders - Feb 04, 2011
- Hundreds of young men line up for army recruitment in Tripura - Aug 24, 2010
- 30 hurt as youth clash with soldiers in Rajouri - Jul 14, 2010
- One killed in scramble for police jobs in Mumbai (Lead) - Mar 08, 2010