Two killed in accidentMarch 14th, 2012 - 1:05 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) A 14-year-old girl and a man were killed and the girl’s mother critically injured when a speeding car hit them in west Delhi Tuesday evening, police said.
The incident took place around 6.30 p.m. Tuesday at Phase-I in west Delhi’s Mangolpuri Industrial area.
Aamreen, 14, and Kamruddin Ali, 50, died on the spot while Fehrunnisha, 45, Aamreen’s mother, was injured when a speeding Indigo car hit them from behind.
The victims were residents of Peeragarhi area.
“The errant driver was caught and beaten up by the locals on the spot and later handed over to police,” said a senior police official.
The driver was drunk, police said.
A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against him.
This was the second fatal incident in the capital Tuesday.
Three youths were killed and two of their friends critically injured while returning from a party in the wee hours Tuesday when their speeding Mitsubishi Lancer rammed into the rear of a stationary bus in south Delhi’s Saket area.
- Three youths returning from party killed in Delhi accident (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Three dead in Delhi accident - Mar 13, 2012
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012
- One dead as truck hits tree in Delhi - May 19, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Three killed in accident - Mar 10, 2011
- Three judges attacked in Delhi, one injured - May 17, 2012
- Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run: Order on police plea reserved - May 16, 2012
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012