Two killed during Holi celebrations in BiharMarch 12th, 2009 - 11:14 am ICT by IANS
Patna, March 12 (IANS) Two men were shot dead and 28 injured in clashes in Bihar’s Chhapra district over the manner in which Holi was being celebrated, police said Thursday.
Govind Yadav and Narayan Yadav were killed in the clashes that followed an argument over the throwing of mud on people on Holi in Asani village, about 90 km from here. Eight others were injured in the fight.
Police said 20 people were also injured in clashes following a quarrel over throwing coloured water in a village of the same district.
On the eve of Holi, a man was shot dead when the uprooting of a tree for the Holika dahan ritual turned violent in a village of Nawada district.
- Five die during Holi in Bihar - Mar 21, 2011
- Bihar to celebrate Holi Friday - Mar 08, 2012
- Strike hits normal life in parts of Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Three killed during Holi in Bihar - Mar 01, 2010
- Two women killed, many injured in firing in Bharatpur - Jul 01, 2012
- Curfew in Kashmir village after clashes - Aug 07, 2012
- Holi splashes its colours on India (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2010
- Gangsters take family hostage, shoot dead cop in UP (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- On Holi, Nitish dons pink for Badal - Mar 09, 2012
- United colours of Holi splash India (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2011
- Nine French tourists detained in Bihar - Apr 22, 2012
- Two killed in clash over dance - Feb 09, 2011
- Reward announced for capture of escaped convict - Jun 20, 2011
- Nation celebrates 'Holi' with gusto - Mar 01, 2010
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012