Two killed, 215 taken ill after consuming ‘holy water’June 1st, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 1 (IANS) At least two people died and 215 others were taken ill after consuming ‘holy water’ from a pond after a feast at a temple in Chhindwara district of Madhya Pradesh, the police said Monday.
According to police, the incident occurred late Sunday at Ghanora village where people had gathered for a religious function at a temple. The function was followed by a mass feast after which many people drank water from the ‘holy’ pond.
“Those taken ill have been admitted to the district hospital where their condition is stated to be out of danger,” Sub Divisional Officer Farhatullah said.
- Child tying minister's shoe laces shameful: Kamal Nath - Jan 21, 2012
- Sand mafia attacks cops, officials in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 10, 2012
- IPS officer's killing: CBI gets driver's custody - Mar 20, 2012
- 13 drowned as boat capsizes on Chambal river - Nov 13, 2011
- IPS officer killing: Congress calls shutdown Tuesday - Mar 09, 2012
- Teen gang-raped by three in Madhya Pradesh - Feb 26, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Millions throng Goverdhan for annual pilgrimage - Jul 15, 2011
- Anger over child tying shoe laces of Madhya Pradesh minister - Jan 21, 2012
- Child tying minister's shoe laces raises a stink (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- IPS officer's murder: Chouhan orders judicial inquiry - Mar 09, 2012
- Sand mafia kingpin arrested - Mar 11, 2012
- Child asked to tie minister's shoe laces (Lead) - Jan 21, 2012
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 (Intro Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 148 (Second Intro Roundup, correcting figure in headline) - Dec 16, 2011