Two kids drown at Maharashtra beachApril 6th, 2012 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Ratnagiri (Maharashtra), April 6 (IANS) Two children playing on Harne beach near the Ratnagiri district headquarters went too far into the sea and were drowned, police said Friday.
“Five children from a nearby village had gone to the beach to have fun. They were all aged between 10-15 years. According to eyewitness, they went too far into the sea and got pulled in the strong water current,” an official from Dapoli Police Station told IANS.
“Lifeguards and others on the beach helped save three children, but two drowned and their bodies were recovered later,” the official added.
Those killed have been identified as Rahil Tembe, 10 and Arbaaz Jamadar, 14.
Harne beach is located 17 km away from the hill station of Dapoli and is a major tourist attraction.
- Three children drown while playing in pool - May 20, 2011
- Two drown off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Aug 20, 2012
- Landslide claims four lives in Maharashtra - Jun 19, 2010
- Swimmer drowns, two missing off Mumbai beach - Jul 01, 2012
- 3 Russians saved from drowning off Goa beach - Sep 10, 2012
- Landslide claims eight lives in Maharashtra (Lead) - Jun 19, 2010
- Four swimmers still missing in Maharashtra's Ratnagiri - Aug 19, 2012
- Kazhak boy pulled into sea by strong waves - Sep 10, 2011
- Grounded ship attracts crowds in Mumbai - Jun 19, 2011
- Drunk Russian tourist saved on Goa beach - Oct 25, 2010
- Rock Street Journal editor drowns in Goa - Jan 05, 2012
- Off season? No, off to Goa for 'raindrop tourism' (With Image) - Jun 16, 2011
- Russian woman rescued from drowning in Goa - Jan 31, 2011
- Teenager feared drowned off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Jun 24, 2011
- Heavy rains disrupt life, rail links in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 24, 2010