Two journalists held for extortion, blackmailApril 9th, 2009 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) Two journalists have been arrested here for allegedly blackmailing and trying to extort money from a builder, the police said Thursday
Jagjit Sharma, 28, and Pankaj Kumar, 28, who were running a magazine, New Bright Star, were caught on the complaint of D. Srivastava of Oxame Ltd.
The police said the accused asked Srivastava to pay Rs.1 million or else they would publish a defamatory article on his company.
“They threatened him that if these demands were not met they will publish an article against the company,” said a police officer.
The police laid a trap and arrested the accused while accepting a first payment of Rs. 150,000.
- Three 'cyber journalists' held for blackmail, extortion bid - Mar 22, 2011
- Accused in 1992 Ajmer sex scandal case arrested - Jan 03, 2012
- Ajmer sex scandal accused remanded in police custody (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Management graduate held for Rs.1 crore extortion bid - Nov 22, 2011
- Ajmer sex scandal accused remanded in judicial custody - Jan 04, 2012
- Barber held for extortion - Feb 13, 2011
- Extortionist held in Delhi - Jun 25, 2012
- TV serial actor held for extortion bid - Feb 02, 2011
- Cop, engineers, accountant caught taking bribes - Jul 21, 2012
- Meghalaya official held for bribe, sent to police custody - Apr 06, 2011
- 'I love Anna' - smugglers' code word - Aug 26, 2011
- Two 'reporters' held for blackmail - Mar 29, 2011
- Graft case: CBI custody of NALCO chief's aide extended - Mar 05, 2011
- Fake Chinese scribes get seven years in jail - Oct 15, 2011
- Six arrested for betting - Mar 30, 2011