Two Jharkhand cops suspended for misusing positionSeptember 20th, 2011 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 20 (IANS) Two Jharkhand Police officials, including a superintendent of police-rank officer, were Tuesday suspended on charges of misusing their positions and dereliction of duty, an official said.
The two are Krishna Vijay Singh, superintendent of police (railway) at Jamshedpur, and Mahesh Ram Paswan, deputy superintendent of police in the special branch. They face allegations of arresting people on fake charges and harassing them.
“Chief Minister Arjun Munda gave his approval for suspension on Tuesday. Both have been suspended for misusing their positions, and indulging in corrupt practices,” an official of the chief minister’s office (CMO) to IANS.
- Three officials suspended on graft charge - Oct 13, 2010
- Marandi seeking Maoist help to win Jamshedpur by-poll: Munda - Jun 30, 2011
- Cop suspended after five illegal miners killed - Feb 08, 2012
- Jharkhand Police admit mistakes, to probe ambush killing - May 04, 2011
- Jharkhand offers cash rewards for 10 Maoists' capture - May 29, 2012
- Woman gangraped, brutally killed in Jharkhand - Dec 27, 2010
- Two cops suspended for slapping legislator - Mar 30, 2012
- Munda injured after chopper crash lands (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Jharkhand police insensitive, corrupt, says women's panel - Dec 28, 2010
- Munda may skip Jan Chetna rally as Advani skirts Jharkhand - Oct 11, 2011
- Soren rejects Munda's plea, JMM joins Jamshedpur by-poll (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Start online FIRs by Nov 15, Munda tells police - Sep 20, 2011
- Jharkhand to monitor under-construction roads through mobile phones - Jan 20, 2012
- Munda recovering in hospital after chopper crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Jharkhand to make law to seize corrupt officers' properties - Apr 28, 2012
Tags: allegations, arjun munda, chief minister, cops, corrupt practices, deputy superintendent, dereliction of duty, jamshedpur, jharkhand, krishna, mahesh, police officials, police rank, railway, vijay singh