Two involved in jewellery loot in Hyderabad arrestedSeptember 17th, 2008 - 1:21 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Sep 17 (IANS) Two members of a gang involved in a jewellery loot of Rs 30 million in Hyderabad have been arrested here in a joint operation, police said Wednesday.The two members, Ram Kumar and Vimal Mehra, were arrested Tuesday night from the Kotwali area. The gang had looted 19 odd jewellers near the Hyderabad airport.
“The three member gang had disappeared from Hyderabad after the loot,” SSP Raghuvir Lal said.
While mastermind Nawal Singh was arrested in Hyderabad, Kumar and Mehra escaped to Agra. A joint team of Uttar Pradesh and Andhra police recovered the jewellery packed in suitcases and hidden around the city.
Singh was working for Marudhar Transport company involved in delivering jewellery and precious stones to local retailers while the trio planned the loot.
On Sep 7, a consignment from Mumbai arrived at the airport which was to be delivered to the individual jewellers. The consignment was looted. “It was looted at gun point,” Andhra Police said.
- Agra jewellers down shutters to protest silver heist - Feb 21, 2012
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Jeweller found murdered - Feb 09, 2012
- Party member beaten up by Ghaziabad police chief: BJP - Aug 26, 2011
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Chandigarh jewellers asked to install security systems - Jan 23, 2011
- Five thieves arrested - Mar 08, 2011
- Five robbers arrested - Sep 24, 2011
- Jeweller's employee held for helping robbers - Dec 22, 2010
- Eight arrested in Chandigarh with fake heroin - Aug 26, 2011
- Engineer held for drug trafficking in Delhi - Jun 21, 2012
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Bagladeshi robbers' gang busted - Feb 08, 2012
- Two held in Delhi, one in Ghaziabad for Chandigarh heist - Jan 16, 2011
- Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols - Sep 12, 2011