Two injured while celebrating Team India’s victoryMarch 31st, 2011 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
Etah (Uttar Pradesh), March 31 (IANS) Two people were critically injured when revellers fired shots in the air to celebrate India’s victory over Pakistan in the semifinal match in Mohali, police said Thursday.
Satish Pandey, 50, and Bipin Mishra, 30, received bullet injuries when a group of locals in Aliganj area of this town late Wednesday assembled on the streets to celebrate. While most shouted slogans, some started firing shots in the air.
Both were referred to Agra early Thursday after their condition deteriorated at a hospital here, police said.
“Satish and Bipin, who were watching the celebrations from a distance, received injuries in the firing. A case against unidentified people has been registered,” police inspector Iqbal Singh told reporters Thursday in Etah, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“Owing to the darkness, it could not be ascertained who fired the shots that injured the two. Investigations are on to identify the culprits,” he added.
- Three, including ANP activist killed in Pakistan - Mar 28, 2011
- Official shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 19, 2011
- Two Uttar Pradesh cops shot, weapons looted - Oct 13, 2011
- Student shot at in Uttar Pradesh institute - Aug 05, 2011
- Gunmen barge into government office, shoot three - Apr 26, 2011
- Company manager shot dead in Meerut - Apr 12, 2012
- Man shot at in Metro station - Feb 04, 2012
- Home Guard burnt to death - Sep 09, 2011
- Two government officials shot dead in Bihar - Mar 02, 2012
- Man shoots woman colleague inside classroom, commits suicide - May 04, 2011
- BSP leader killed in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 11, 2010
- Dawood's brother attacked, aide killed (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Journalist among 14 killed in Pakistan violence (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- Eight killed in Karachi - May 06, 2012
Tags: bipin, celebrations, culprits, darkness, India, investigations, iqbal singh, locals, pakistan, police inspector, police said thursday, revellers, satish, semifinal match, slogans, unidentified people, uttar pradesh, victory