Two injured in Karachi explosionAugust 23rd, 2008 - 2:37 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 23 (Xinhua) Two people were injured in an explosion in the Pakistani port city of Karachi Saturday, Dawn TV reported. The explosion occurred on Shara-e-Faisal road when a remote-controlled device planted on a bicycle went off, the TV channel quoted the police as saying.
Several vehicles have been damaged in the explosion, the police said, adding that the blast site had been cordoned off.
There was no immediate claim for the blast.
A blast earlier Saturday killed about 20 in country’s northwest Swat valley when a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into a police station.
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Seven dead in Peshawar blast - Feb 12, 2012
- 12 killed in Pakistan hotel bombing - Aug 25, 2011
- Blasts rock Pakistan, 11 killed - Sep 18, 2012
- Three killed, 20 hurt in Pakistan bombing - Apr 29, 2012
- Pakistan hotel blast toll rises to 14 - Aug 15, 2011
- Al Qaeda's Bangladeshi supporter admits plot to attack Pentagon - Jul 21, 2012
- Two school kids killed in Syria bombing - Jul 15, 2012
- Suicide blast kills nine Pakistani troopers (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Seven persons injured in remote-controlled bomb blast in Quetta - Jan 29, 2011
- Six government militiamen killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- Bombing attempt foiled near Karachi hospital - Jun 25, 2011
- Three dead in shrine blast in northern Pakistan - Feb 05, 2011
- Remote-controlled bomb kills cop, wounds three others in Peshawar - Jan 23, 2011
- Pakistani dies as suicide vest blows up - Aug 07, 2011