Two Indians nabbed for ’support’ to Mumbai terror attacksFebruary 12th, 2009 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 12 (IANS) Two Indian nationals have been arrested and at least 16 others are wanted for the Nov 26 Mumbai terror attacks, Police Commissioner Hasan Gafoor said Thursday evening.
“Some Indians have been accused of giving support to the terrorists, including conducting the reccee of the targeted sites and providing logistics support,” Gafoor told the media at his office here.
He said of the 16 absconding, some were Indians and some Pakistanis. The wanted Indians may have fled to Pakistan, he said.
However, the police commissioner did not name the Indians arrested or involved in the terror attacks.
“We have also informed Pakistan about this,” Gafoor said.
According to Gafoor, the international links to the terror attacks could be spread as far as Barcelona in Spain - a fact endorsed by Pakistan earlier in the day.
When specifically asked about the locals, he hinted at the involvement of some “north Indians”.
He termed as a “big achievement for the Mumbai police and the whole country” Pakistan’s admission that a “part of the Mumbai terror attacks conspiracy was hatched in Pakistan”.
Pakistan’s acceptance of India’s charges has come as a big feather for the Mumbai police’s meticulous and professional investigations into the entire case - a development that has pleased the city police.
- Two Indians nabbed for 'support' to Mumbai terror attacks (Lead) - Feb 13, 2009
- 26/11 Mumbai police chief dead - Mar 12, 2012
- Former Mumbai police commissioner Hasan Gafoor dead (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Five 26/11 accused named in US court include ISI officer - May 09, 2011
- D. Sivanandan is new Maharashtra top cop (Second Lead) - May 31, 2010
- Arrests of terror suspects in Karnataka rises to 14 - Sep 03, 2012
- One more terror suspect held in Bangalore, total now 13 - Sep 02, 2012
- Doctor held in Karnataka, arrests total 14 (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Key suspect in Mumbai terror attack held - Jun 25, 2012
- 26/11 Indian mastermind held, Mumbai police seek custody (Roundup) (With Images) - Jun 25, 2012
- D. Shivanandan to be Mumbai Police chief - Jun 13, 2009
- Mumbai Police chief removed (Lead) - Jun 13, 2009
- Court declines to give Hamza custody to Mumbai police (lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Delhi Police get custody of two terror suspects - Jul 09, 2012