Two Indian women killed in UAE road accidentJune 22nd, 2008 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, June 22 (IANS) Two Indians were killed and three were seriously injured when the car they were travelling in fell into a gorge near the border between the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Oman. Anoopa, 24, an engineer with a Dubai-based engineering firm and her domestic help Pushpa, 50, died in the accident that took place Saturday. According to reports, Anoopa’s husband Shibu Varghese, who was driving, lost control of the vehicle in the Al Rouda area in Hatta.
Shibu, an employee of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), and his two sons - Daniel (4) and Philip (1) - were seriously injured in the accident.
According to Shibu’s family members, he lost control of the car when he was trying to adjust the rear-view mirror and the car skidded and plunged into a gorge on the Omani side.
The family, hailing from Kerala, was travelling from Dubai to Muscat to visit Anoopa’s parents there.
Though the area fell under the jurisdiction of Oman police, Dubai police sent a chopper and the injured were admitted to the Rashid Hospital here.
The bodies of Anoopa and Pushpa would be sent to India from Muscat according to Omani laws, reports said.
- Five killed in Bengal road accident - Apr 16, 2012
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu accident - Jul 15, 2012
- Six killed as van falls into gorge - Jul 26, 2011
- Four from Tripura killed in Meghalaya accident - Nov 11, 2011
- 42 killed in Nepal bus accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Five devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Apr 13, 2011
- Car rolls down gorge in Himachal, five killed - Jun 29, 2012
- Seven people killed in Himachal accidents - May 09, 2012
- Himachal Congress chief injured in accident - Dec 06, 2011
- 16 Amarnath devotees killed as truck falls into gorge (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- 16 killed in Kashmir road accident - Aug 20, 2011
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- 16 pilgrims killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2012
- Seven killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011