Two Indian traders to reach Shanghai soon: KrishnaJanuary 4th, 2012 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) The two Indian businessmen tortured and held by locals in Yiwu in China will be reaching Shanghai late Wednesday, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said after talks with China’s envoy here.
“The two businessmen will be reaching Shanghai soon. They are out of Yiwu and on their way to Shanghai,” Krishna told reporters after meeting Chinese envoy Zhang Yan to discuss the plight of the two businessmen.
He also said he was “pleased” and “satisfied” with the quick response of the Chinese authorities.
“We are happy with the outcome. I am immensely pleased and satisfied with the quick response that I got from the Chinese ambassador, and I am also pleased and satisfied that the local authorities in Yiwu and Shanghai have been co-operative,” he said.
The two Indian traders were tortured and held by local traders in connection with a trade dispute in Yiwu, one of China’s largest centres for commodities trading.
Zhan had earlier met Joint Secretary (East Asia) Gautam Bambawale on the same issue.
- Chinese envoy meets Krishna on Indian traders plight - Jan 04, 2012
- India secures release of its traders trapped in China (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- BJP meets Chinese envoy on traders' issue - Jan 05, 2012
- Krishna meets Indian traders, will take up issue with China - Jun 06, 2012
- Indian diplomat ill-treated in Chinese court, India protests (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- China values ties with India - Jan 05, 2012
- Visa row: Indian military team's China visit called off (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Map row: Chinese envoy asks journalist to shut up - Nov 03, 2011
- Indian Navy ships in China next week, to expand strategic trust - Jun 07, 2012
- Indian diplomat secretly tried to take away two Indians: Paper - Jan 05, 2012
- Indian traders safe in Shanghai: Government - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP welcomes quick government action on traders trapped in China - Jan 04, 2012
- China sparks row, denies visa to IAF officer from Arunachal - Jan 06, 2012
- Massive people-to-people contact programme on anvil: Chinese envoy - Jul 22, 2011
- India, China to resume dialogue on non-proliferation - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,