Two hurt in shooting incidents in DelhiDecember 9th, 2008 - 10:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 9 (IANS) Two people were critically injured in two separate incidents of shooting in the capital within a span of a few hours. While a woman was shot at by two unidentified motorcycle-borne men who tried to snatch her chain, a man was shot in his car by unidentified assailants on a two-wheeler, the police said Tuesday.In the first incident, 45-year-old Maina Devi was shot outside a wedding venue in Pitampura area in northwest Delhi Monday evening, a police official said.
Devi, who was attending her niece’s marriage, had come out in search of toilet with her younger sister when two men on a bike tried to snatch her necklace. But she resisted and managed to pull the pillion-rider down. The man, who fell down, fired at her in panic and fled from the spot with his companion, the official said.
Devi was taken to a hospital with a bullet injury in her abdomen. Her condition is said to be critical due to excess bleeding.
The olice said a case has been registered and efforts are on to nab the assailants.
Within a couple of hours, three motorcycle-borne assailants shot at Vinod Kumar, 30, near a petrol station in Sector-20 of Rohini, which is not far from Pitampura.
Kumar, a cable operator, was going in his car when the attackers opened fire at him.
As many as eight rounds were fired at him and he suffered four bullet injuries. Admitted to Bhram Shakti Hospital, Kumar’s condition was also said to be serious.
“We suspect it to be a case of personal rivalry. We have registered a case and investigations are on,” a police officer said.
After initial investigations, the police have ruled out that the same men being behind both shooting incidents.
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Man shot at for opposing girl's harassment - Dec 04, 2011
- Rs.3 lakh snatched from woman in Ghaziabad - Jun 08, 2012
- Youth shot dead in Delhi - May 21, 2011
- Congress leader shot in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 16, 2010
- Man shot dead resisting robbery - Feb 01, 2011
- Man shot dead for resisting robbery bid - May 10, 2010
- Chain-snatchers rob Delhi woman, fire in air - May 02, 2010
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- BJP leader shot dead in Kanpur - Jul 16, 2011
- BJP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 08, 2011
- Man robbed off Rs.4 lakh in Ghaziabad - Jul 21, 2011
- BSP leader shot dead in Lucknow - Dec 06, 2010
- Pakistani teacher gunned down - Jun 20, 2012
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011