Two held with revolvers at Delhi airportApril 4th, 2011 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) Two men, including the chief executive officer of a power firm, were arrested at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here for carrying revolvers and live cartridges in their luggage, police said Monday.
Vijay Singh Chauhan, who heads a Noida-based power company, was arrested April 2 at the airport when he was going through the security check.
“CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) personnel found a revolver and four live cartridges in Chauhan’s bag,” a senior police officer said.
Chauhan, who was to board a flight for Bhopal, did not have a valid licence for the revolver.
“We have registered a case under provisions of the Arms Act,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police R.A. Sanjeev.
In the second incident, Rajiv Kumar Srivastava was arrested, also on April 2, as a Mauser pistol and 10 live cartridges were found in his bag.
“A case has been registered against him under the Arms Act,” said the police officer.
- Woman nabbed with live cartridges at Delhi airport - Feb 10, 2011
- Punjab arms dealer held for smuggling Chinese pistols - Jul 22, 2012
- Gadkari's Canadian pilot arrested, released on bail (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Woman held with pistol at Delhi airport - May 09, 2011
- Swedish woman arrested at Goa airport with cartridge - Jan 02, 2012
- Four illegal arms suppliers held in Ranchi - May 23, 2011
- American held at Delhi airport for carrying bullet - Mar 16, 2011
- Four Maoists held in Jharkhand - Nov 09, 2011
- Two illegal arms factories unearthed - Dec 18, 2010
- Delhi Police bust biker gang - Sep 13, 2010
- Six Maoists, nine arms suppliers held - Jul 07, 2010
- Bullet in bag: Candaian pilot of Gadkari flight arrested - May 24, 2011
- Army officer with AK-47 bullets arrested at airport - Aug 01, 2010
- GNLA chief arms procurer arrested in Meghalaya - Jun 20, 2012
- Two cartridges found in Delhi school - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,