Two held with forged passports in KeralaAugust 19th, 2008 - 11:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode, Aug 19 (IANS) Two passengers with forged passports were arrested Tuesday by immigration officials at Kozhikode International Airport here.Both passengers arrived by a RAK Airways flight from Ras al-Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates.
“One of the arrested, Harif, is a native of Kasargod district in Kerala. He used the forged passport to return home as his original passport was with his employer,” an immigration official told IANS.
The second passenger, Muhammed Rafi, 44, is a native of Kannur district. Immigration authorities found that he used a forged passport to board the flight at Ras al-Khaimah because of overstay in the UAE.
“He produced his original passport on his arrival here. But it carried a forged immigration exit stamp of the UAE authorities,” the official added.
In the last two months immigration authorities at the airport have arrested over a dozen passengers with forged passports.
- RAK Airways keen to operate more flights into Kerala - Aug 02, 2011
- Palm expo opens in UAE - Jun 16, 2012
- 'Operate more flights between India, Ras Al Khaimah' - Jul 01, 2011
- UAE signs air services deal with Britain - Feb 16, 2012
- More flights between Ras Al Khaimah, Indian cities demanded - Jun 28, 2011
- Indian firm helps build water park in UAE - Sep 25, 2010
- UAE signs open skies pact with Djibouti - Feb 11, 2011
- Rs.7.5 mn fake currency seized at Kozhikode airport - Aug 16, 2008
- Over 250 people to get new houses in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE officials hold talks with envoys - Nov 01, 2011
- Fake currency seizure: Two more held in Kerala - Aug 18, 2008
- RAK Airways starts service from Kerala - Apr 23, 2008
- Expatriates in Gulf fall victim to fake passport rackets - Jul 26, 2008
- UAE, India discuss bilateral ties - Sep 27, 2010
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012