Two held with fake currency in Lucknow, reveal Pakistan linkDecember 14th, 2008 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 14 (IANS) Two people were arrested here Sunday and fake Indian currency nominally worth Rs.104,000 - provided to them by a Pakistani official - was recovered from them, the police said.The arrested, Irfan and Sharif of Lucknow, also confessed to being in the trade of counterfeit currency for over a decade and were in constant touch with a Pakistani national who supplied them the fake currency, the police added.
“During interrogation, the duo revealed that they used to get these notes from a Pakistani named Zameel,” Lucknow police chief Akhil Kumar told IANS.
They would get fake notes from Zameel in a Kathmandu hotel in exchange of original indian currency, he added.
“Irfan has revealed that Zameel used to stay in the same room of the hotel. For this particular consignment, he paid Rs.25,000 in original,” Kumar said.
The two arrested said they exportede goats to Nepal in trucks and it was under the cover of this trade that they were pumping fake currency into India.
“We have also extracted from them the names of others involved in the trade,” Kumar added.
“We are in the process of informing the Interpol about Zameel,” he added.
- Three held with fake currency worth Rs.1 lakh - Nov 18, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake notes - Dec 11, 2010
- Five arrested with counterfeit notes printed in Pakistan - May 06, 2010
- Fresh trail links Karachi to fake Indian money in Nepal - Aug 12, 2011
- Man held with fake notes - Jan 22, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Man held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 24, 2010
- Man held in Lucknow with Rs.1 lakh in fake currency - Aug 27, 2011
- Fake currency racket busted in Kolkata, four held - Jun 11, 2010
- Fake currency of Rs.4.5 lakh face value seized in Punjab - Jan 20, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake currency notes - Oct 12, 2010
- Three held for counterfeiting currency notes - Aug 28, 2010
- Nepali national held for ISI links - Jun 05, 2011
- Two held with fake currency - Mar 15, 2011
- Five held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 07, 2010