Two held with 104 kg of drugApril 19th, 2011 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) Delhi police arrested two men for trafficking 104 kg of ganja (cannabis), an official said Tuesday.
Rajiv Kumar, 22, and Dayanand, 21, were arrested from Mukundpur Chowk Monday while they were trying to deliver the contraband to their contact, Deputy Commissioner of Police Ashok Chand said.
A Noida man Vishal had given them the illegal drug for distribution, the official said. Vishal is on the run.
Police recovered over 600 kg of ganja in 2011, according to Chand.
“The main source is Orissa, from Cuttack, Puri and Sambalpur,” he added.
- Four held with 221 kg of marijuana in Delhi - Apr 07, 2011
- Four arrested, 205 kg of ganja seized - May 31, 2011
- Three drug peddlers held - May 19, 2011
- Four held, drugs worth Rs.1.39 crore seized - Oct 08, 2011
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012
- Cannabis seized in Assam - May 14, 2012
- Man held with 209 kg of marijuana - Feb 21, 2011
- 133 held with 3,600 kg of marijuana - Mar 03, 2011
- Two foreigners held for drug trafficking - Oct 13, 2011
- Three sent to jail for drug trafficking - Aug 10, 2010
- Mobile phones, ganja found in Bihar jail - Jul 20, 2011
- Drug trafficker held - Mar 30, 2011
- French man held for drug trafficking - Mar 19, 2012
- Two drug peddlers held in Delhi - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: ashok, chand, chowk, commissioner of police, cuttack, delhi police, deputy commissioner, ganja, illegal drug, kg, main source, New Delhi, orissa, puri, rajiv kumar, sambalpur, trafficking, two men, vishal