Two held for Uttar Pradesh cop’s killingOctober 27th, 2011 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 27 (IANS) Two people were arrested in south Delhi in connection with the killing of an Uttar Pradesh police constable in Ghaziabad last week, police said Thursday.
“Amir, 21, and Khem, 24, were arrested during a checking drive on Diwali near Indira Gandhi National Open University campus in south Delhi Wednesday,” said a police officer.
“They failed to show their motorcycle’s documents and tried to flee but fell down on the road before being overpowered. On verification, the motorcycle was found to be stolen,” he added.
During interrogation, they revealed that they along with their accomplices murdered constable Jitender Singh, 32, in Shalimar Garden area of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh Oct 23, the officer said.
“They disclosed that while they were trying to steal a vehicle, the constable intervened and tried to nab them. They stabbed him to death,” he added
- Ghaziabad constable found stabbed to death - Oct 24, 2011
- Two automobile thieves held - Jan 29, 2011
- Rs.13.66 lakh looted in Greater Noida, one held - Nov 30, 2010
- Man arrested for killing Delhi police constable - May 24, 2012
- Robbers shoot at cop, one held in east Delhi - May 02, 2010
- Auto-lifters' gang busted in Delhi, 12 stolen vehicles seized - Jul 05, 2009
- Seven of bikers gang arrested - Feb 24, 2010
- Criminal wanted in 17 cases arrested - Mar 16, 2011
- Delhi Traffic Police personnel may get firearms - Aug 04, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Gang involved in stealing over 50 cars busted - Nov 25, 2010
- Man involved in 300 car thefts held -- again (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Three arrested for stealing Delhi MP's car - Sep 23, 2010
- Capital rage continues: Man killed after quarrel over liquor - Jan 14, 2011
- Former maid, paramour arrested for robbing French national's house - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: accomplices, amir, cop, diwali, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, interrogation, jitender, khem, motorcycle, national open university, New Delhi, open university campus, police constable, police officer, police said thursday, south delhi, uttar pradesh police