Two held for stealing mobile phonesJanuary 27th, 2011 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 27 (IANS) Two people have been arrested for allegedly stealing mobile phones from shops in east Delhi and selling these in Jammu and Kashmir and Nepal, and 55 stolen handsets have been recovered from them, police said Thursday.Mohammad Faisal, 19, and Mohammad Rizwan, 21, were arrested Jan 21.
They along with three associates stole mobile phones from various shops in the city. Their three associates — Shakil, Aabid and Nasir — are evading arrest.
During interrogation, the two men said they sold the stolen phones in Nepal and in several parts of the country, including Jammu and Kashmir.
“We have recovered 55 stolen mobile phones from them,” added a senior police official.
- Gang of women burglars from Rajasthan busted - Jan 21, 2011
- Man held for stealing 1,680 mobile phones - Jan 21, 2011
- Registering servants with police bears fruit - Jul 08, 2011
- Alert cops catch three auto-thieves - Jan 29, 2011
- Vehicle thieves arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- Two automobile thieves held - Jan 29, 2011
- Five held for burglaries - Mar 25, 2011
- China busts pickpocket gang - Mar 22, 2012
- Airport loader held for theft gets chance to reform - Apr 11, 2011
- 39 held in Karachi for various crimes - Jul 21, 2012
- Car thieves held in Srinagar - Dec 01, 2011
- Fake doctor arrested for stealing mobile phones - Aug 12, 2012
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu region - May 16, 2012
- Four held for stealing phones worth Rs.1 crore - Feb 12, 2011
- Man steals mobile phone from dying woman - May 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,