Two held for Rebecca John mother’s murderMarch 12th, 2011 - 3:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) Two men have been arrested for the murder of 80-year-old Anna Mammen, mother of prominent city lawyer Rebecca John, police said Saturday, adding that robbery was the motive behind the crime.
The two have been identified as Samir Khan and Imran Khan, both aged 20.
According to the police, Imran, the main accused, had done white washing at Mammen’s house about a month-and-half back.
On March 8, they entered the elderly woman’s house, overpowered her and then killed her. They then ransacked the house.
Mammen was the mother of city lawyer Rebecca John, who is representing Rajesh Talwar in the sensational Aarushi murder case.
The elderly lady was found strangled with a wire at her Vivek Vihar house in east Delhi around 3.30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Two held for murder of Rebecca John's mother (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered - Mar 08, 2011
- Murder of lawyer's mother: Construction workers quizzed - Mar 10, 2011
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Talwars wait for court order before next move - Feb 10, 2011
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Talwars move Allahabad High Court against CBI court order (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Doctor parents to be tried for Aarushi's murder (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2011
- Media can't term Rajesh Talwar an accused: Lawyer - Jan 02, 2011
- Talwars move Allahabad High Court against CBI court order - Feb 21, 2011
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi's parents want to examine CBI report - Jan 02, 2011
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012