Two held for raping Kolkata woman in vehicleFebruary 18th, 2012 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 18 (IANS) Two people were arrested for raping a 37-year-old mother of two and a former call centre employee in a moving car after offering her a lift here earlier this month, police said Saturday.
“We have arrested Rahman Khan alias Tusi and Sumit Bajaj,” said Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen.
Two other accused have been identified but they were yet to be arrested for the incident Feb 5, said Sen.
The victim alleged she was raped and severely beaten by the culprits. She filed a police complaint Feb 9 and was medically examined Feb 14.
Khan had introduced himself to the victim as Lovi Gidwani and offered her a lift, sources said.
- Two held for raping Kolkata woman in moving car (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Three held for raping Kolkata woman in moving car (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Kolkata's Park Street rape case: Police find discrepancies - Feb 16, 2012
- Rape case handling shows Mamata in poor light (Lead, West Bengal Newsletter) - Feb 19, 2012
- 'Raped' Kolkata woman alleges police inaction - Feb 15, 2012
- Rape case handling shows Mamata in poor light (West Bengal Newsletter) - Feb 19, 2012
- Kolkata rape: Accused declared proclaimed offender - Apr 15, 2012
- Kolkata rape: Police custody for three accused till March 3 - Feb 19, 2012
- Kolkata police find holes in rape case; Mamata says cooked up (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Kolkata rape: Three sent to judicial custody - Mar 03, 2012
- Mamata says her Park Street rape statement distorted - Feb 27, 2012
- Kolkata rape case: Officer denies division among police - Feb 20, 2012
- Police officer who solved Park Street rape case removed - Apr 04, 2012
- Kolkata 'rape' case: Now police say offence 'must have occurred' - Feb 17, 2012
- Kolkata rape: Governor defends Mamata - Feb 23, 2012