Two held for peeing at Delhi Metro stationApril 28th, 2008 - 9:53 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) Two men have been arrested for allegedly peeing at a Delhi Metro station, creating ruckus and manhandling security officials in a drunken state, officials here said Monday. Baljit Singh Sabharwal, 38, and Harjit Singh, 33, both residents of Karol Bagh, were found urinating behind the lift door at the ground level of the Jhandewalan Metro station at 9.10 p.m. Sunday.
Metro officials said they were in an inebriated state and were urinating inside the station premises.
“When asked to desist, they responded by attempting to manhandle the Metro staff who reported the matter to the security personnel. The men were apprehended and were handed over to Delhi Police,” Delhi Metro spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
Police said Sabharwal and Singh were booked under the Delhi Metro Railway (Operation & Maintenance) Act, 2002, for being in a state of intoxication and creating nuisance on the Metro premises.
- Delhi Metro impresses Punjab chief minister - Feb 13, 2012
- Joyride in Metro for young cancer patients - Jul 12, 2011
- Fourth suicide at Delhi Metro premises in 6 days (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Auto strike sees Metro crowded, commuters lose cool (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- Delhi Metro enrolls more Smart Card passengers - May 10, 2011
- Delhi Metro gives joyride to cancer-afflicted kids - Jul 13, 2012
- Snag leaves Metro commuters stranded in tunnel - Jun 07, 2011
- Delhi Metro crack down on defacement - May 02, 2010
- Delhi Metro mock drill hits commuters (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Over 36,000 cards sold in Delhi Metro's 'Smart Card Week' - May 16, 2011
- Technical snag hits Metro services - May 01, 2010
- Metro services to Ghaziabad start Thursday - Jul 12, 2011
- Metro, airport line to open at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 06, 2012
- Delhi Metro spreads safety message through games, bookmarks - Mar 24, 2011