Two held for murdering NTPC engineerAugust 12th, 2012 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 11 (IANS) Two autorickshaw drivers were Saturday arrested for murdering an NTPC engineer here July 27 after robbing his car and valuables, police said.
Akhilesh and Deepak, residents of village Kheddar in Haryana’s Jhajjar district, were caught after the car that they robbed met with an accident in Dhaugh village in Mewat district.
National Thermal Power Corp (NTPC) engineer Saji, 40, who was posted at Badarpur power plant in Delhi, was beaten to death and his car robbed by the two. The victim was returning home when attacked.
Saji, who hailed from Kerala, was found injured on the road near Darbaripur village. He succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
Saji, along with his Italian wife Sandra, was living near Darbaripur. Sandra runs an orphanage there.
- NTPC engineer murdered in Gurgaon - Jul 28, 2012
- NTPC commissions first unit of Jhajjar plant for Games - Oct 11, 2010
- Rs.40 lakh looted from Haryana farmer - Jun 30, 2012
- Wanted man lynched by mob near Gurgaon - Aug 20, 2012
- Prison van attacked in Haryana, three dead - Mar 10, 2012
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- Three held in Gurgaon for college girl's gangrape - Jun 08, 2012
- Court stays Subhash Ghai's Haryana land deal - May 29, 2012
- NTPC adds 500 MW unit in Chhattisgarh - Nov 26, 2010
- Haryana gears up to be education hub - Oct 04, 2010
- Seven held guilty for lynching five Dalits in Haryana - Aug 07, 2010
- Man robbed off after asking for lift - Jan 21, 2011
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Lowest in literacy but with highest sex ratio - Apr 07, 2011
- NTPC, Himachal to set up engineering college - Mar 03, 2012