Two held for murder in DelhiOctober 21st, 2011 - 10:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) Miffed over their dues not being cleared, two teenagers tried to rob the house of their former employer here and ended up murdering his wife. They have been arrested, police said Friday.
Umesh Kumar Chauhan, 19, and his juvenile associate murdered Abha Gupta Oct 15. They were arrested Thursday near Kashmeri Gate in north Delhi.
The two were employed last month by Naresh Gupta, 30, who owns a fast-food kiosk in Jahangirpuri in north Delhi.
On Oct 13, both quit their jobs ahead of Diwali. This angered Gupta. He refused to settle their dues, said a police officer.
This infuriated Chauhan, who needed the money to treat his ailing father in Bihar. The two planned to rob Gupta’s house, knowing he had been saving money to buy a new flat.
“They reached the house and demanded money from his wife who raised an alarm. Frightened, they slit her throat and left the place without taking any money,” added the officer.
- Woman murdered in north Delhi - Oct 16, 2011
- Three held for murder of Amrita Pritam's son - Sep 20, 2012
- Family of five held for killing minor - Aug 02, 2011
- Drugs turn three youths into murderers - Oct 13, 2011
- Eunuch among five arrested for murder - Dec 03, 2011
- Man held for father's murder - Jul 25, 2012
- Three held for killing policeman - Oct 20, 2011
- Man steals Rs.10 lakh from Delhi office, held - Aug 06, 2012
- Brothers found strangled, tenant absconding - Aug 30, 2011
- Four held for robbing French tourist - Apr 18, 2011
- Man arrested in Delhi for killing sister's lover - Jun 10, 2012
- Youth held for killing mother's paramour in Delhi - May 13, 2012
- Five people arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 05, 2012
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011
- Three held for murdering old man, looting his house - May 07, 2011