Two held for forging MP’s letterheadJune 23rd, 2012 - 12:20 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) Two youths have been arrested here for forging the signature and letterhead of Rajya Sabha member Karan Singh to get waiting list tickets confirmed, police said Friday.
Devender Kumar, 31, and Nagesh Kumar, 32, were apprehended from south Delhi’s Sangam Vihar area Thursday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sanjay Kumar Jain said Devender, the mastermind of the gang, was running the racket for seven-eight months.
He was arrested with several counterfeit letterheads and seals of various MPs.
“He was a frequent visitor to the residence of an MP in New Delhi from where he stole the empty letterheads and other printed material reflecting public interest recommendations,” said Jain.
With the help of Nagesh, who is a computer operator, he misused these letterheads to earn quick money.
Presently, Devender was working as contractor in the NDMC.
The incident came to light when Karan Singh, on June 8, wrote to Delhi Police Commissioner B.K. Gupta complaining about two letters addressed to Railway Minister Mukul Roy purportedly signed by him.
“The signatures are clearly not mine nor have I ever written to the minister regarding railway tickets. The letterhead is also not genuine and an obvious forgery. I am deeply concerned about the misuse of my name,” Singh said in his letter.
- Travel agent forges MP's signature, held in Delhi - Jun 07, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh IT commissioner faces arrest for forgery - Nov 11, 2010
- Ex-navy officer arrested with fake travel warrants - Sep 06, 2011
- Abhishek Verma faces arrest for money laundering - Aug 21, 2012
- Two railway staff held for running job racket - May 16, 2011
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- MP's letter forged to recommend Bappi Lahiri for award - Apr 27, 2012
- Two held with opium in Delhi - Jun 02, 2012
- Farmer arrested with 12 kg opium in Delhi - Jun 27, 2012
- Maoist wanted in Jharkhand held in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Four arrested for trafficking, eight girls rescued - Jun 26, 2012
- Low-intensity blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Intro Roundup) - May 25, 2011
- Four held in Delhi for stealing debit cards - May 10, 2010
- Man held for duping people with fake jobs - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: commissioner of police, computer operator, delhi police, deputy commissioner, devender, frequent visitor, k gupta, letterheads, mukul, Nagesh, ndmc, police commissioner, police crime, quick money, railway minister, rajya sabha, sabha member, sangam, sanjay kumar, south delhi