Two held for driving close to Priyanka Vadra’s convoyJune 8th, 2008 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) Two youngsters were detained and let off after questioning for driving their car parallel to the convoy of Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s daughter Priyanka Vadra and her husband Robert Vadra here early Sunday, the police said. Alok and Jayant, both residents of Saket in south Delhi, were stopped and whisked to the Tughlaq Road police station by the Special Protection Group (SPG), responsible for VVIP security, after they drove their Santro car parallel to the Vadras’ convoy near Delhi Haat around 12.30 a.m.
“The men returning from a party had unwittingly come close to the tailing car of the cavalcade of Priyanka Vadra and her husband Robert Vadra. Their antecedents were verified and they were let off after questioning,” Joint Commissioner of Police (New Delhi Range) Ajay Kashyap told IANS.
“There was no security lapse,” he maintained.
- Mohali match: Can Chandigarh's infrastructre handle it? - Mar 27, 2011
- Nothing written on UP poll official's transfer: Goa official - Feb 08, 2012
- Police jeep hits vehicle that Priyanka drove (Lead) - Nov 21, 2009
- Homage to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary - May 21, 2012
- Driving brother Rahul - Priyanka shows how (Lead) - Nov 20, 2009
- Two kids killed by speeding car, driver dies - Feb 17, 2012
- Man with revolver detained in Rahul's vicinity - Jul 07, 2011
- In Delhi, traffic stops for only select VVIPs (With PMO orders inquiry into patient's death) - Dec 20, 2010
- Two detained for obstructing Dikshit's convoy - May 17, 2012
- Wanted man lynched by mob near Gurgaon - Aug 20, 2012
- 3,000 cops pad up for India-Pakistan match - Mar 27, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi out of ICU - Aug 06, 2011
- Congress plays down Vadra's remarks - Oct 20, 2010
- Dayal is Maharashtra's new police chief - Jul 31, 2012
- EC denies poll officer removed for stopping Vadra's convoy - Feb 07, 2012